Saturday, June 16, 2007
What a Birthday!
Well I will have to say I have been able to have another great birthday while being away from home for the 4th year in a row. I definitely didnt think this one would be too eventful, but to my great surprise I received the best birthday present ever on my door step Sunday morning...Kathryn! She flew in 4 days early to surprise me for my birthday. I couldn't believe it when I saw her. So I ended up having a blast for my birthday. We went to an amazing church, walked around the city, and she took me to dinner at the Texas Embassy where I enjoyed my new rights as a 21 year old with a Margarita. Sorry for those of you hoping for a crazy 21st birthday story that I cant remember, I definitely wanted to remember this night. After we ate we went for a walk along the Thames and enjoyed London at night. It was great to finally have Kathryn in London.
Last week was a great week at work. I am still really enjoying my job. I got to go out with the Premises Manager on Wednesday and look at some potential sites for new offices. That was a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of the country side. We drove almost all the way to Oxford. He was a nice guy and we got to talk a lot about the business and about his life. Next week I am looking forward to going over to another office to work in the finance department for a few days. It should be a fun change. Oh yeah...and big news, I get 5 pounds a day for lunch.
Well after a long week of work, Kathryn and I got to have a lot of fun today. We went to the Trooping of the Colours (Parade for the Queen's B-Day) and saw the Queen, Prince William, Prince Charles and Camilla. It was crazy to see all of them from about 15-20 yards away. Then we spent the day at the British Museum seeing cool stuff like the Rosetta Stone and Cleopatra's Mummy. It was fun but we were definitely tired at the end of it.
It has been a lot fun so far and I am looking forward to see what next week brings. Kathryn and I bought bus tickets to go to Cambridge next weekend so I am looking forward to that. The Premises guy I went out with the other day is from Cambridge and said he would give me some good tips on stuff to do.
Please feel free to send me emails, I have enjoyed the ones from those of you who have sent them. I hope everyone is enjoying there summer and I look foward to talking to you all soon.
tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment