Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rome

Ok...well I am finally caught up to the present. This next slide show is pictures from me and Kathryn's trip to Rome. It was really cool, really hot, and kind of dirty. I will say that I am glad I got to go. It is cool thinking about how I have seen and walked through the Coliseum, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, and thrown a coin into the Trevi Fountain. I have also eaten true Italian Pizza and gelato. I wont say I enjoyed it as much as Paris, but hey I went to Rome. It was extremely hot. I think it was about 50 when we left London and 90 when we got to Rome. So it was definitely a shock to our systems. We also had gottne only a couple of hours of sleep the day before so that didnt help either. If you go to Rome, dress for hot weather and get plenty of sleep. Oh yeah and prepare to buy lots of water bottles. I think we probably bought at least 20 for two days. The hostel we stayed in was great though. Only 4 blocks from the main train/bus station. It was really nice, as hostels go, and not too expensive. As much as it may sound like Rome wasnt my favorite place ever, dont let this disuade anyone from going one day. It is Rome and everyone wants to see the history there. It is all over the place and that was cool.

No comments: